Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ol' Billy Bob


This is ol' Billy Bob. I met him today in Chicago. Quite the interesting character. He said I could take a picture of him if I gave him a dollar. As I gave him a dollar, I started talking with him. I asked him if he knew about slave awareness in the Hershey's company. At first he didn't fully understand, and was saying how they live there [in West Africa] so it isn't that big of a deal. But when i told him that the labor was forced, and people do try to escape, but they are beaten and abused when caught. This seemed to change his view, and quickly changed his stance on the topic. His was the most honest answer I had heard all day. Others that I spoke to about mainly said, "Well, obviously, I don't support slave labor." He used some "French" in his answer, but he was my favorite.

Going into Chicago today wasn't what I expected it to be. It was my first time being there by myself. I actually did get lost for about an hour. Note to self, listen to your own common sense when walking in Chicago, not the GPS :-)

No comments: