Monday, August 8, 2011

How spiffy my jiffy is!




I got this amazing camera at a flea market in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. I came out to Bemidji with my mom for a mini-vacation. Stayed at a Bed and Breakfast. I highly recommend Villa Calma if you are in the area. 
Anyway. . . I love this camera! Took me too long to figure out how to open it. (blonde roots) The bellows are in great condition, but looking through the lens is near impossible. You can see different colors, but everything is very, um, shall we shall abstract? I plan on buying 120 film, since 616 is no longer manufactured. There is a little bit of a zoom. One side is 5-10 feet and the other is beyond 10ft.


I'm still figuring out this gorgeous thing. I know it was made in the 30s, which makes me wonder who could afford to buy a camera during the Depression. A film addict. 


Jiffy Kodak six-16

No comments: